Spiritual Dangers in the Church
By Julia Fernandes
March 23, 2017
Child sex abuse is one of the gravest crimes that can be committed by anybody. And, when the offender happens to be a catholic priest whose hand transforms bread into the body of Christ, you can be sure that in the hands of such a priest, bread remains bread only. Christ is nowhere present in such a mass.
The record number of child sex abuse reports only points out to the entry and grip of the evil one over the church.
I am quoting a part of an *article dated November 14, 2012 by Tory Shepherd, NewsComAu that that read, “Emeritus Professor Freda Briggs, who has just published a seminal text on child protection, says sexual abuse by a priest is “the most damaging of all" for children and that the Catholic Church is guilty of forgiving priests instead of punishing them. Asked whether Catholic celibacy was a possible contributor to child sex abuse, Prof Briggs told news.com.au celibacy was not the problem “for men who are sexually attracted to children" anyway. “There has been an acceptance over the years that having sex with a boy is not breaking celibacy," she said.
Quote from the same article, “What priests told me was that the biggest crime
was to have sex with a woman," she said.
Priestly celibacy makes a priest believe that love and sex with a woman is the biggest crime! Which is very wrong.
This thought proves how far has the church erred and gone away from God’s basic wisdom of creation?
God said, “IT IS NOT RIGHT FOR A MAN TO LIVE ALONE.”
In Leviticus 21 God commands Moses on what sort of wife a priest should have. Was God wrong?
Is it right to go against God's infinte wisdom?
Forbidding marriage is a doctrine of the devil
The Bible says that bishop is a husband of one wife (1 Timothy 3:2) and that forbidding marriage is the doctrine of the demons (1 Timothy 4:1-3)?
"A bishop, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money. He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?)" 1 Timothy 3:2-5
"But the Holy Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth." 1 Timothy 4:1-3
Role of confession
Even if a priest, bound by his oath, does not report such sins to the higher authorities, the greatest authority Sitting on Top is watching all this with a seriousness you cannot even fathom!
Unless a sex offender's victims don't forgive him, those sins are held against him as Jesus said, "If you forgive the sins agasint you, they are forgiven, if you retain them, they are retained." John 20:23
Unbiblical concept of nuns
I quote an article, ***Catholic Nuns have replaced the Church as the “bride of Christ”, where Catholic nuns are taken to the altar to “marry Jesus”. Their priests even give them a wedding ring." To the best of my knowledge, I don't think Jesus anytime, anywhere mentioned He wants women to be married to Him. The “bride of Christ” mentioned in the book of Revelation to be joined to Him only at the wedding fest in Heaven, is in reference to the Church – gathering of believers, both male and female.
Jesus can never ever go against God and His plans for this world.
There was a **campaign against priestly celibacy in the year 1970. Quoting from the article, “At the beginning of November, the synod of the Roman Catholic Church of Lucerne pronounced itself, with 73 votes "for", 8 "against" and 9 abstentions, in favour of the abolition of obligatory celibacy of priests. On November 18, a letter of support to the Lucerne synod was signed, by 147 of the 180 members of the Catholic synod of the canton of St. Gall.”
But nothing was done at that time. Do listen, dear Pope, to the fresh pleadings and petitions
that come in, do not dismiss them. They are signs from above.
For as Head of the Church, you will be asked by the powers in Heaven, you were given knowledge of good and evil, right and wrong. How did you use your authority , what you did and did not do to arrest and defeat the dark forces.
God has been watching all this. Though His anger is slow to rise, you can be sure of the chilling consequences that will happen if nothing is done to cure this cancer. Every single perpetuator will be accountable to the Most High for defiling His little children (who are actually little angels).
The errors of the church has ripped apart God’s heart!
Every child on earth belongs to Almighty God on High. Jesus was so protective about little children, that he told his followers do not prevent them from coming to me. For the kingdom of God belongs to children - their innoncence, purity, holiness is what will enable us to inherit eternal life. Imagine Jesus's reactions when he sees the sexual child abuse offences committed by those who claim to follow him.
Measures to cure Spiritual dangers in the church
- Lifting of Obligatory Celibacy as soon as possible. Instead it should be a matter of choice. Let a priest choose what he wants to offer to the Lord.
- God gave us free will and Jesus gave us the power to choose to be celibate or not. Do not take away what Jesus Himself gave us.
- Encourage priests to find true love, instill in them the importance of love. You cannot have two rules of love: One for the world to embrace love, and one for the priests, to shun love.
- The importance of marital love should be emphasised.
- The importance of a full family, a priest, his wife and the children serving the Lord should be encouraged.
- When a priest and his wife loves and prays together, the power of the Oneness in love in addition to the joint strong foundation of faith and spirituality is enough to drive away the evil one.
- Counselling of priests to reverse the years of psychological damage done because of forbiddance of relationships with women.
- Conducting discreet surveys and finding out priests with paedophiles tendencies
- Defrocking and counselling of such priests
- Constant worldwide prayers for victims
- Constant worldwide prayers for forgiveness for sins of such nature cry out to heaven
- The offenders have to ask for forgiveness from their victims not from another priest
You may never get the approval of conservative Bishops and Cardinals for this reform.
You may have to take it independently.
Heaven is watching you...
God bless you
- God and His wonders
- God and His ways
- Living Life
- Guest articles
- Tryst with God's creatures
- Love Tales
- My poems
- Life's Musings
- My Reflections
- Handling difficult people
- God completes me
- Handling tough bosses
- Why do we love Money?
- True charity is selfless
- Game, set, match...
- How to handle crazy characters?
- An old lady became a Hero
- We live in a strange world
- 12 Simple Truths
- Courage is not everything
- Spiritual Dangers in the Church
- Letter to the Holy Father: Pope
- Interactions with God
- Being Good Parents
- Professional Tips by God
- Soul Searching
- Why is December 21, 2012 so special?
- Random Thoughts
- About me
- Contact me
- Special thanks to Page4